In Episode #310, Eric and Neil discuss how to rank in Google image search. Tune in to learn how Google can recognize your images more easily and how to adjust for Google’s limitations to BOOST your ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Rank in Google Image Search
- 00:40 – If you are in consumer-based industry, you can generate a lot of traction from Google image search
- 01:00 – Image filing should be restricted to what you’re trying to rank for
- 01:06 – If it’s a car, use all tags to describe to Google what your image is about
- 01:57 – You can also use a long description which is similar to all tags, but longer
- 02:31 – If you’re always ranked over time, make sure you’re surrounded with text as Google uses text to figure out what the image is about
- 02:40 – In the next couple of years, Google’s AI might be able to identify which is which
- 03:06 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- How well you rank on Google image searches will depend on the industry.
- Google will know what your image is about if you describe it well in text.
- Google’s AI will probably improve in the future and won’t require as much text to recognize an image.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...