In episode #669, Eric and Neil discuss tactics for reaching influencers. Tune in to hear how and if you should be trying influencer marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Reach Influencers
- [00:34] Influencer marketing is getting bigger and bigger.
- [01:01] Go after micro-influencers first. People on their way up are easier to get.
- [01:15] Micro=5,000-20,000 followers.
- [01:27] Search for specific hashtags, see who is geographically close to you, and get in touch.
- [01:36] You will find these upstarts are open to collaboration.
- [01:43] There are Instagram pods, where people follow and promote each other.
- [02:01] Influencer marketing doesn’t work the way most people think.
- [02:14] When one of the fit tea guys started using influencer marketing, it was low cost and converted well.
- [02:31] Over time, as more products and influencers came around, influencer marketing didn’t work as well.
- [03:00] The only way to really get a good ROI today, is to pay relevant influencers who have the customers you are targeting.
- [03:15] Going after Kim Kardashian won’t work unless you have a mainstream product her audience will love.
- [03:37] You can reduce costs by only paying for the first 12 or 24 hours of the posted image.
- [03:46] After a week, the view count is going to be so small, it doesn’t matter if it goes up or not.
- [04:18] Do what most people aren’t: have contests to encourage engagement.
- [04:44] That’s it for today!
- [04:50] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...