In episode #669, Eric and Neil discuss tactics for reaching influencers. Tune in to hear how and if you should be trying influencer marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Reach Influencers
- [00:34] Influencer marketing is getting bigger and bigger.
- [01:01] Go after micro-influencers first. People on their way up are easier to get.
- [01:15] Micro=5,000-20,000 followers.
- [01:27] Search for specific hashtags, see who is geographically close to you, and get in touch.
- [01:36] You will find these upstarts are open to collaboration.
- [01:43] There are Instagram pods, where people follow and promote each other.
- [02:01] Influencer marketing doesn’t work the way most people think.
- [02:14] When one of the fit tea guys started using influencer marketing, it was low cost and converted well.
- [02:31] Over time, as more products and influencers came around, influencer marketing didn’t work as well.
- [03:00] The only way to really get a good ROI today, is to pay relevant influencers who have the customers you are targeting.
- [03:15] Going after Kim Kardashian won’t work unless you have a mainstream product her audience will love.
- [03:37] You can reduce costs by only paying for the first 12 or 24 hours of the posted image.
- [03:46] After a week, the view count is going to be so small, it doesn’t matter if it goes up or not.
- [04:18] Do what most people aren’t: have contests to encourage engagement.
- [04:44] That’s it for today!
- [04:50] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...