In episode #669, Eric and Neil discuss tactics for reaching influencers. Tune in to hear how and if you should be trying influencer marketing.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Reach Influencers
- [00:34] Influencer marketing is getting bigger and bigger.
- [01:01] Go after micro-influencers first. People on their way up are easier to get.
- [01:15] Micro=5,000-20,000 followers.
- [01:27] Search for specific hashtags, see who is geographically close to you, and get in touch.
- [01:36] You will find these upstarts are open to collaboration.
- [01:43] There are Instagram pods, where people follow and promote each other.
- [02:01] Influencer marketing doesn’t work the way most people think.
- [02:14] When one of the fit tea guys started using influencer marketing, it was low cost and converted well.
- [02:31] Over time, as more products and influencers came around, influencer marketing didn’t work as well.
- [03:00] The only way to really get a good ROI today, is to pay relevant influencers who have the customers you are targeting.
- [03:15] Going after Kim Kardashian won’t work unless you have a mainstream product her audience will love.
- [03:37] You can reduce costs by only paying for the first 12 or 24 hours of the posted image.
- [03:46] After a week, the view count is going to be so small, it doesn’t matter if it goes up or not.
- [04:18] Do what most people aren’t: have contests to encourage engagement.
- [04:44] That’s it for today!
- [04:50] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1538, we are going to talk about if TV ads are still relevant. In today’s day and age, branding, reach, and impressions are vital, and it is so important to try and zag when everybody el...
In episode #1537, we hear about what to do if you if your Facebook ad account gets banned. With new policies, it is easy to get flagged, highlighting the importance of a backup plan. Tune in today to ...
In episode #1536, we cover the often-dreaded cold email. We hear about what makes a good subject line, Neil and Eric’s personal experience sending cold emails and the importance of having a good bod...