In episode #1749, we give you top tips for rebranding your website while causing as minimal a loss in traffic as possible. While changing your domain name using a 301 redirect is an important step, the rebranding process definitely does not end there. Tune in and hear about setting up consistent link structures, leveraging the link equity of your homepage, using marketing to create brand awareness, and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Rebrand Your Website Without Losing Organic Traffic.
- [00:30] Changing the name of your website using a 301 redirect.
- [00:50] Rebranding is not as simple as a 301 redirect though: Changing the internal links.
- [01:32] Getting an overview of your internal links using Screaming Frog.
- [02:10] Using marketing to spread awareness of your new brand.
- [02:31] Your homepage has the most link equity.
- [03:00] Be ready to wait a few weeks or months to recover traffic.
- [03:06] Doing the entire rebrand at once and submitting it to Google Search Console.
- [03:33] Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...