In episode #1749, we give you top tips for rebranding your website while causing as minimal a loss in traffic as possible. While changing your domain name using a 301 redirect is an important step, the rebranding process definitely does not end there. Tune in and hear about setting up consistent link structures, leveraging the link equity of your homepage, using marketing to create brand awareness, and more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Rebrand Your Website Without Losing Organic Traffic.
- [00:30] Changing the name of your website using a 301 redirect.
- [00:50] Rebranding is not as simple as a 301 redirect though: Changing the internal links.
- [01:32] Getting an overview of your internal links using Screaming Frog.
- [02:10] Using marketing to spread awareness of your new brand.
- [02:31] Your homepage has the most link equity.
- [03:00] Be ready to wait a few weeks or months to recover traffic.
- [03:06] Doing the entire rebrand at once and submitting it to Google Search Console.
- [03:33] Get ad-free listening plus exclusive content with Marketing School Pro. Try for free at http://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...