In Episode #281, Eric and Neil discuss how to reduce PPC spending in 1 hour without impacting your content conversions. Tune in to learn how you can efficiently run your PCC and paid ads campaigns without spending more than your desired budget and the importance of knowing when to stop your campaigns.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Reduce PPC Spending in 1 Hour Without Impacting Your Current Conversions
- 00:36 – We want to have efficiency when we run our PPC or paid ads campaigns
- 01:05 – What you want to do is take a look at the things that are not converting for you
- 01:07 – Go to AdWords or Facebook and pause those that are not converting
- 01:15 – You can pause the high CPA ads inside of Facebook
- 01:36 – You can also add a negative keyword
- 01:56 – Another option is to find the exact match, so you’re not digging around on the variations of the keywords that do not fit
- 02:05 – When you’re trying to figure out what term you want to bid on, make sure you remove the display network
- 02:10 – “You only want to advertise on Google.com”
- 02:15 – Advertising on partner sites is cheap, but does not convert
- 02:37 – You can just reduce your daily budget on the amount you want to spend
- 02:45 – Look at your site settings as well
- 03:13 – “If you let Google spend, Google will definitely spend for you”
- 03:18 – Look at day party, as well
- 03:19 – If you’re in B2B sector and you make all your money comes in from 8AM-4PM PST, stop bidding on hours before or after that
- 03:30 – Same with consumer based businesses
- 03:40 – A lot of people are bidding during the holiday season, but the cost per click goes up too, so most B2B slow down their budget during that time
- 04:14 – Marketing School is giving away an access to Yesware, a sales tool that allows you to track the messages you send
- 04:34 – Subscribe, rate and review Marketing School
- 04:38 – Text MARKETINGSCHOOL to 33444
- 04:47 – As you use Yesware, you’ll get more open rates
- 04:55 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The easiest thing you can do to reduce your PPC spending is to pause the things that are not converting.
- Check your settings and don’t let Google spend for you – set a budget.
- Take note of the season and timing of your sales—there are times where you need to slow down or stop your bidding.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...