In Episode #175, Eric and Neil discuss how to reduce your bounce rate. A bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away after viewing only one page. Simply put—if your page is boring, people leave, and the higher your bounce rate. Tune in to learn practical ways to reduce your bounce rate so you can keep your visitors sticking around long enough to make that sale.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Reduce Your Bounce Rate
- 00:33 – Bounce rate is when someone leaves your site right away
- 00:42 – The textbook definition of bounce rate: “the percentage of visitors to a particular website who navigate away after viewing only one page”
- 00:47 – A rising bounce rate is a sign that you have a boring homepage
- 01:16 – First, have a good design that keep people in your website
- 02:03 – Removing your pop-ups can decrease your bounce rate
- 02:26 – People are more likely to stay if your website doesn’t have loads of pop-ups
- 02:48 – You might need to check if it works for you
- 03:10 – A slow website can’t keep people
- 03:38 – Create a journey for people
- 03:55 – An example of a journey
- 04:37 – Have the RIGHT offers
- 04:51 – Use ConvertFlow to show different offers when your visitor comes back
- 05:28 – Simple readability is also very important
- 05:32 – Eric’s blog Single Grain is a good example of this
- 05:52 – “Good user experience means less bounce rate, people sticking on your site, going through multiple pages”
- 06:00 – If visitors go through multiple pages, it increases sales and they convert to customers
- 06:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- A great design creates that experience for viewers, causing them to stick around.
- Create a journey for your visitors—engaging them throughout and around your website.
- The more engaged people are with your website, the lower the bounce rate and a greater chance of conversion to sales.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...