In episode 754, Eric and Neil discuss ways to reduce spending. Tune in to hear what you can do to cut spending without affecting your traffic.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Reduce Your Marketing Spend Without Hurting Your Traffic
- [00:40] It’s the most expensive at the very beginning.
- [00:53] You’ll find that over time, the methods you use to get traffic will go into automatic maintenance mode.
- [01:00] If something is in maintenance mode, you shouldn’t be spending as much money.
- [01:18] Why spend the same amount of money when it takes a third of the effort to get results?
- [01:30] If you take your eye off the campaign, numbers get worse.
- [01:45] Make sure you are always looking at the basics, optimizing, and cutting what doesn’t work.
- [02:02] You will struggle to find where you can cut.
- [02:12] Neil recommends looking at credit card statements to understand your expenses and where to cut.
- [02:30] Cutting small things will have an impact and you will save money.
- [02:45] Singlegrain was using over 30 tools in the beginning.
- [02:54] Now, they are down to 15 tools.
- [03:10] You will waste money on marketing when you are not looking at your bills every month.
- [03:20] That’s it for today!
- [03:28] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...