In Episode #355, Eric and Neil discuss how to retain your customers. Customer experience has the largest impact when it comes to loyalty. When you treat your customers well—acknowledging their value as client and friend—they will stay true to you, refer you to others, and contribute to the long-term success of your company. Tune-in to find how you can keep your customers for the long haul.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Retain Your Customers
- 00:40 – People like dealing with people so visit your customers and build a relationship when you can
- 00:48 – It can be difficult at times, but you have to establish that relationship
- 01:17 – Add as much value as you can to your customers
- 01:24 – Your job is to make them look like a superstar so they’ll remember you forever
- 01:31 – Become their friend
- 01:44 – The onboarding experience affects retention more than anything else
- 01:50 – Look at the metrics for your onboarding
- 02:17 – For service-based businesses, Conversion Rate Experts will ask you about the experience
- 02:30 – They take the data to improve onboarding experiences and calls
- 02:48 – Some of Eric’s friends use Intercom for support
- 02:54 – Have great customer service
- 03:15 – It’s part of the experience
- 03:35 – Do what’s right for the customer
- 03:50 – Neil had a bad experience with a software company
- 04:08 – The owner didn’t assist Neil well
- 04:24 – Neil is a prime customer and when his order didn’t arrive on time, Amazon sent him a new product overnight and a rebate
- 05:25 – In the long run, a good experience will pay off
- 05:43 – People will remember how you made them feel!
- 06:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Build a relationship with your customers and consistently work to add value to them.
- Your customers as friends, know their worth when it comes to the lasting success of your company.
- Great customer service will keep your customers happy and satisfied—they’ll even be willing to refer you to others.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...