In episode #599, Eric and Neil discuss how you can run a virtual marketing team. Tune in for tips on how to manage remote workers.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How To Run A Virtual Marketing Team
- [00:33] Neil was listening to Masters of Scale and the CEO of Zoom was talking about how 50% of their talent are remote workers.
- [01:05] Eric hires people from all over and they work remotely.
- [01:17] He does it not because remote workers are cheaper (they aren’t), but because they are talented.
- [01:45] Eric and Neil have been tapping into the virtual market for 10-15 years.
- [02:07] When running a virtual team, people have to specialize.
- [02:31] Neil finds that communication is better when everyone is on site.
- [03:10] 1:1 meetings are key for direct reports.
- [04:17] When you want people to perform their best, give them KPIs and other marks to hit; goal-setting is key.
- [05:40] Eric’s team uses Bonusly, which allows you to award points to people, which then translate to online dollars. It becomes a recognition tool that encourages a bit of competition.
- [06:15] On the agency side, they use HubStaff, which tracks the time of your employees.
- [06:36] It’s important to have a record of the time your virtual employees are working.
- [06:54] This doesn’t mean you should be a micromanaging snoop!
- [07:25] If you have to do this, they are probably not the right employee.
- [07:40] Virtual employees need to have a lot of discipline.
- [07:55] Eric and Neil operate their businesses using the Traction model.
- [08:24] Eric read The Coaching Habit and thinks it contained useful information for running a business.
- [08:52] That’s all for today!
- [08:54] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...
In episode #2467, we look at ways to make your content stand out when everyone is on the AI train. The trick is to identify what you, as a human, can bring to the table to capture attention that AI ca...