In episode #713, Eric and Neil discuss how and why you need to manage your experiments. Tune in to hear how you can manage marketing experiments successfully.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Run and Manage Your Marketing Experiments
- [00:35] Neil likes to use Trello to manage his marketing experiments.
- [00:45] Everyone puts their ideas on the board and then they pick the best ones.
- [01:00] Don’t spend six months on something that doesn’t work. Start with smaller experiments.
- [01:22] Eric uses Asana Premium to organize his experiments.
- [01:58] GrowthHackers Northstar is a great tool, but Neil thinks they won’t be around much longer.
- [02:25] Make sure you’re spending time and energy on things you can get done quickly.
- [02:50] Everyone had a different perspective, which is why it’s great to get input and ideas from everyone on your team.
- [03:31] Only 1 in 12 experiments actually succeeds.
- [03:48] Neil thinks that stat means that whoever is running your experiments sucks.
- [04:05] Don’t forget to do qualitative studies.
- [05:15] If you’ve been running experiments for a long time, this is when you need to do something more drastic and crazy to move the needle.
- [05:45] Northstar uses the ICE Framework.
- [06:07] Eric recommends that you read Managing Oneself by Peter Drucker, a management guru.
- [06:45] You should have a feedback analysis tool to see who on your team is killing it.
- [07:05] If you’re not being scientific about your experimentation process, you are going to fly off the rails.
- [07:30] Don’t operate solely off your “gut feeling”; use qualitative and quantitative data to come to your conclusions.
- [07:44] That’s it for today!
- [07:47] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...