In Episode #398, Eric and Neil discuss the art of scaling content for outreach. Tune in to learn exactly what you can do to not only develop great content, but promote it effectively.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Scale Your Content Outreach
- 00:35 – Content outreach is about reaching out to people to promote your content
- 00:48 – You don’t just write a content, you have to market it as well
- 01:05 – Content outreach starts with the foundation
- 01:19 – More than anything else, your content has to be GOOD
- 01:43 – The Skyscraper Technique by Brian Dean is a great strategy
- 01:48 – Create a list of website and social media users that you’re going to do outreach too
- 02:00 – You don’t want to keep hitting up the same people because they’ll get tired of hearing your song and dance
- 02:10 – Some will stop responding and some will flat out ignore you from day 1
- 02:35 – Eric uses Hunter and FindThatEmail in finding email
- 02:49 – JustReachOut is great in finding editors and publishers
- 03:02 – An outreach tool like Mixmax works well too
- 03:31 – You want to have your emails 10-15% customized
- 03:41 – Doing outreach is a time consuming game, but if you’re consistent it will pay off
- 04:03 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription of Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:49 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Your content is useless if it never makes it in front of your target audience.
- Have a list of people who will consistently promote your content and then rotate your content between them.
- In writing emails to people, make sure things aren’t fully templated.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....