In Episode #432, Eric and Neil discuss how to secure your website. Tune in to learn why a two-factor authentication for your website is better and the importance of backing up your website for security reasons.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Secure Your Website
- 00:33 – HTTPS is a certificate that can secure your website and there are multiple versions of it
- 00:55 – Get an SSL certificate
- 01:08 – One of Eric’s friends switched from HTTP to HTTPS and their traffic dropped
- 01:48 – Have a two-factor authentication for your website
- 02:05 – LastPass helps, too
- 02:21 – Make sure you are constantly checking your website
- 02:41 – For blogs, use VaultPress
- 02:55 – For hosting, make sure you’re using a great host
- 03:15 – Backup your sites
- 03:39 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:46 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Takeawayss:
- An SSL certificate and HTTPS can make your site more secure.
- Be careful with your login credentials—use difficult passwords. Consider using a VPN with a password manager included (UltraVPN is one option here).
- Always backup your sites.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...