In Episode #432, Eric and Neil discuss how to secure your website. Tune in to learn why a two-factor authentication for your website is better and the importance of backing up your website for security reasons.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Secure Your Website
- 00:33 – HTTPS is a certificate that can secure your website and there are multiple versions of it
- 00:55 – Get an SSL certificate
- 01:08 – One of Eric’s friends switched from HTTP to HTTPS and their traffic dropped
- 01:48 – Have a two-factor authentication for your website
- 02:05 – LastPass helps, too
- 02:21 – Make sure you are constantly checking your website
- 02:41 – For blogs, use VaultPress
- 02:55 – For hosting, make sure you’re using a great host
- 03:15 – Backup your sites
- 03:39 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:46 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 03:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
- An SSL certificate and HTTPS can make your site more secure.
- Be careful with your login credentials—use difficult passwords. Consider using a VPN with a password manager included (UltraVPN is one option here).
- Always back up your sites.
- To learn more about securing your identity as a business owner, consider an identity theft protection solution. Some popular options are outlined here: Experian vs. Lifelock; IdentityForce vs. LifeLock
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...