In Episode #126, Neil and Eric discuss strategies for setting up a basic re-marketing campaign—what it is, why it works, and how it can drive significant increases in conversion.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Set-up a Basic Re-marketing Campaign
- 00:37 – Re-marketing is when a page you recently visited shows up in another you’re viewing
- 01:01 – Make sure you have the right pixel on your site when doing re-marketing
- 01:10 – Have a Google Tag Manager setup to manage the pixel
- 01:38 – Create new creative and rotate those createives often to attract more views
- 02:08 – You can buy stock images from Fotolia
- 02:16 – A good digital marketer will always have a Venn diagram of the different types of traffic
- 02:22 – Cold traffic has never heard of your brand before
- 02:26 – Warm traffic is when they visit your website and join your email list
- 02:29 – Hot traffic has spent at least a dollar with your brand
- 02:36 – “You are marketing to people, not objects” and don’t forget it!
- 03:16 – Tricks for re-marketing successfully
- 03:45 – Create different landing pages with different content but same value prop
- 03:58 – The paid content promotion funnel idea
- 04:35 – Target a specific group of people on a specific week
- 05:10 – AdEspresso can refresh your ad over and over
- 05:20 – Setup a content re-targeting funnel
- 05:36 – Create quirky ads
- 06:20 – Neil Patel’s quirky ads’ result
- 07:00 – Tell people stories in your ads and conversion rates will be higher
3 Key Points:
- You are marketing to PEOPLE, not objects.
- Know you target markets and segment them.
- Experiment with your ads. Different content works with different people.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...