In Episode #426, Eric and Neil discuss how to spy on your competition. Tune in to discover the tools that will help you see what your competitors are up to, how you can compete, and ways you can replicate their strategies.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Spy on Your Competition
- 00:38 – Ahrefs is a great tool to use
- 01:22 – SEMrush will show you phrases your competitors are bidding on for pay-per-click
- 01:40 – It will give you an idea of whether you should also be bidding on those keywords
- 02:14 – Adbeat goes deeper on ads and spend trends over time
- 02:41 – BuiltWith will show you everything that your competitors are using
- 03:07 – SimilarWeb will show you top categories, traffic trends and the breakdown of the traffic of a website
- 03:45 – SpyFu and iSpionage are great tools
- 03:50 – iSpionage shows the keyword efficiency index
- 04:42 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:56 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:59 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Leverage the tools that will help you become BETTER than your competitors.
- Track to see if your strategies are working or if you’re just wasting your money.
- Spying on your competitors is healthy for a business.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...
Neil and Eric talk about what you can learn from American football coach Deion Sanders on brand building and influencer marketing TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...