In Episode #70 Eric and Neil highlight how YOU can start your VERY OWN podcast! Listen as they talk about resources you’ll need to acquire before you start, the research you’ll need to conduct, the people you should follow, and the tools you can use to amplify your reach.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to start a podcast
- 01:41 – Libsyn
- 02:19 – People normally link out to iTunes and android
- 02:43 – Create a website where people can listen online
- 03:08 – Smart Passive Podcast Player
- 03:40 – Figure out your own process
- 04:11 – iTunes will give you an initial bump at first
- 04:25 – Be consistent!
- 04:46 – Have the right keywords in your podcast title
- 05:01 – Make sure your title is attractive
- 05:18 – In the start, it’s all about listens and reviews
- 05:40 – Have an intro and outro
- 06:02 – Do episodes in batches
- 06:38 – Make it easy
- 07:21 – Podcast Motor
- 08:00 – Create an appealing cover image for your podcast
- 09:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Read and listen to other blogs and podcasts to know more.
- Not all audiences have apple or android devices. Make your podcast available online.
- Consistency is key for building compounding content.
- Libsyn – Podcast hosting that Eric and Neil uses
- Smart Passive Podcast Player – Player where you can put and play all your episodes
- iTunes – An outlet where you can upload your podcast
- Podcast Motor – Where you can have show notes done
- Pat Flynn – guide to start a podcast
- John Lee Dumas’ – podcast series
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...