In Episode #70 Eric and Neil highlight how YOU can start your VERY OWN podcast! Listen as they talk about resources you’ll need to acquire before you start, the research you’ll need to conduct, the people you should follow, and the tools you can use to amplify your reach.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to start a podcast
- 01:41 – Libsyn
- 02:19 – People normally link out to iTunes and android
- 02:43 – Create a website where people can listen online
- 03:08 – Smart Passive Podcast Player
- 03:40 – Figure out your own process
- 04:11 – iTunes will give you an initial bump at first
- 04:25 – Be consistent!
- 04:46 – Have the right keywords in your podcast title
- 05:01 – Make sure your title is attractive
- 05:18 – In the start, it’s all about listens and reviews
- 05:40 – Have an intro and outro
- 06:02 – Do episodes in batches
- 06:38 – Make it easy
- 07:21 – Podcast Motor
- 08:00 – Create an appealing cover image for your podcast
- 09:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Read and listen to other blogs and podcasts to know more.
- Not all audiences have apple or android devices. Make your podcast available online.
- Consistency is key for building compounding content.
- Libsyn – Podcast hosting that Eric and Neil uses
- Smart Passive Podcast Player – Player where you can put and play all your episodes
- iTunes – An outlet where you can upload your podcast
- Podcast Motor – Where you can have show notes done
- Pat Flynn – guide to start a podcast
- John Lee Dumas’ – podcast series
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...