In episode #629, Eric and Neil Discuss how to get started in SEO. Tune in to hear what’s changed and how you can get a successful start doing SEO.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Start in SEO
- [00:45] The biggest thing that Eric and Neil are seeing right now is that the path to success has changed.
- [01:18] If you spend a year practicing SEO on your own website, that’s no longer the way to go.
- [01:35] You should practice on someone else’s older website.
- [01:52] Hit up a ton of people offering your services for free.
- [02:00] It’s easier to grow a business than it is to start one.
- [02:25] During a TED Talk Eric saw, a Harvard Professor outlined the three elements of trust: authenticity, empathy, and logic.
- [02:45] When you develop your skills for free, you will eventually earn clients.
- [03:14] You will probably have to email 15-17 people before you get a solid “yes” when it comes to offering your services for free.
- [03:40] Make sure that the person to whom you offer your services is as committed as you are.
- [03:59] Even if you are working for free, make sure you get a contract to get the time that you need.
- [04:38] A semantic search tool was just released from a developer at Google.
- [04:57] Be aware that this is the future of searching and it will affect your SEO.
- [05:42] SEO and Sales are similar.
- [05:58] SEO is trying to sell yourself and get a link.
- [06:04] Victor Antonio has a great YouTube page about sales.
- [06:24] Most new SEO workers focus on traffic from relevant keywords, which Neil thinks is a terrible idea.
- [06:37] Just because you get more relevant traffic, doesn’t mean you get more sales.
- [06:50] Instead, look at Google Analytics, see where your ROI is coming from, focus on increasing traffic to the landing pages with the most revenue.
- [07:21] That’s it for today!
- [07:25] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2352, the focus is on tips and tactics for mastering influencer marketing. Neil and Eric discuss the do’s and don’ts of influencer marketing and share some valuable tools that you can ...
In episode #2351, you’ll hear top tips for how to get more newsletter subscribers in 2023. If you think that email is dead, think again because email marketing is one of the most effective ways to g...
In episode #2350, Neil and Eric delve into 5 evergreen SEO tactics that just work! If you want to improve your SEO rankings, this episode covers 5 tactics (plus a bonus one right at the end) that will...