In episode #1756, we talk about how to succeed in podcasting in 2021. Neil and Eric have been in the podcasting game for a long time and have learned a lot since this podcast sounded like it was recorded in a bathroom! Tune in and learn how to assess the success of your show, how to improve it based on the data, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Succeed in Podcasting in 2021.
- [00:28] How long we have been doing podcasting for.
- [01:18] Aim for a daily podcast and be sure to repurpose it.
- [01:53] How to push the marketing of your podcast hard at first.
- [03:01] Play around with your calls to action.
- [03:10] Show as many episodes as possible on the hosting page.
- [03:35] Working out how to keep retention rates up.
- [04:03] Why Neil and Eric upgraded their mics.
- [05:05] Be sure to watch your analytics and optimize based on your insights.
- [06:48] Advertising your podcast by doing collaborations.
- [07:14] Why lots of downloads aren’t an indicator of success.
- [07:45] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2355, Neil and Eric talk about their 2023 marketing predictions. From short-form videos to AI assistance to the hiring market and lots more, tune in today to hear what you can expect from ...
In episode #2354, Neil and Eric discuss maximizing your sales with chatbots and artificial intelligence. OpenAI (the founders of ChatGPT), are changing the face of artificial intelligence; tune in tod...
In episode #2353, Neil and Eric talk about 5 practical ways to use ChatGPT for marketing. From writing social media posts to acting as a live chat assistant, ChatGPT is a cut above any other available...