In episode #1756, we talk about how to succeed in podcasting in 2021. Neil and Eric have been in the podcasting game for a long time and have learned a lot since this podcast sounded like it was recorded in a bathroom! Tune in and learn how to assess the success of your show, how to improve it based on the data, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Succeed in Podcasting in 2021.
- [00:28] How long we have been doing podcasting for.
- [01:18] Aim for a daily podcast and be sure to repurpose it.
- [01:53] How to push the marketing of your podcast hard at first.
- [03:01] Play around with your calls to action.
- [03:10] Show as many episodes as possible on the hosting page.
- [03:35] Working out how to keep retention rates up.
- [04:03] Why Neil and Eric upgraded their mics.
- [05:05] Be sure to watch your analytics and optimize based on your insights.
- [06:48] Advertising your podcast by doing collaborations.
- [07:14] Why lots of downloads aren’t an indicator of success.
- [07:45] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1814, Neil and Eric talk about their experiences with YouTube and share the ways they could improve and grow. Eric’s main point is around doubling down on one topic while Neil feels he c...
In episode #1813, we talk about our strategies for making the most out of conferences. While the content from conferences themselves is valuable, the networking and business opportunities they bring t...
In episode #1812, Neil and Eric talk about why most people don’t finish courses. Trying to get someone to be engaged during an online course is not easy, which is why you have to go the extra mile t...