In episode #1756, we talk about how to succeed in podcasting in 2021. Neil and Eric have been in the podcasting game for a long time and have learned a lot since this podcast sounded like it was recorded in a bathroom! Tune in and learn how to assess the success of your show, how to improve it based on the data, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Succeed in Podcasting in 2021.
- [00:28] How long we have been doing podcasting for.
- [01:18] Aim for a daily podcast and be sure to repurpose it.
- [01:53] How to push the marketing of your podcast hard at first.
- [03:01] Play around with your calls to action.
- [03:10] Show as many episodes as possible on the hosting page.
- [03:35] Working out how to keep retention rates up.
- [04:03] Why Neil and Eric upgraded their mics.
- [05:05] Be sure to watch your analytics and optimize based on your insights.
- [06:48] Advertising your podcast by doing collaborations.
- [07:14] Why lots of downloads aren’t an indicator of success.
- [07:45] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...