In episode #1756, we talk about how to succeed in podcasting in 2021. Neil and Eric have been in the podcasting game for a long time and have learned a lot since this podcast sounded like it was recorded in a bathroom! Tune in and learn how to assess the success of your show, how to improve it based on the data, and a whole lot more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Succeed in Podcasting in 2021.
- [00:28] How long we have been doing podcasting for.
- [01:18] Aim for a daily podcast and be sure to repurpose it.
- [01:53] How to push the marketing of your podcast hard at first.
- [03:01] Play around with your calls to action.
- [03:10] Show as many episodes as possible on the hosting page.
- [03:35] Working out how to keep retention rates up.
- [04:03] Why Neil and Eric upgraded their mics.
- [05:05] Be sure to watch your analytics and optimize based on your insights.
- [06:48] Advertising your podcast by doing collaborations.
- [07:14] Why lots of downloads aren’t an indicator of success.
- [07:45] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1868, Neil and Eric talk about CRO tips that will help you convert. Whether it’s having a range of payment options or looking at your image quality, there are numerous ways to optimize y...
In episode #1867, Neil and Eric talk about some rules they follow with marketing. From the rule of seven to the 80/20 rule, there is no shortage of top marketing tips for you. Tune in to hear it all!...
In episode #1866, Neil and Eric share seven ways to gamify your social media to gain a following. From contests to giveaways, there are so many creative ways to engage people. You just have to know ho...