In episode #1193, we discuss the best strategies for overcoming the traffic drop that often results from updates. Creating a product such as a simple game, tool, or widget is an effective means of getting your traffic numbers climbing again. Tune in to hear what percentage your visitor numbers might be reduced and some of the novel ways to combat the problem!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:28] Today’s topic: How to Survive a Google Core Update.
- [00:34] Our recent experience with dropped visitor numbers.
- [01:05] An observation about the quality and the number of traffic for certain sites.
- [01:14] How Core updates affect the traffic to a site and when it recovers.
- [02:00] Why it is not always possible to avoid hits when Google makes algorithm changes.
- [02:20] The trend that started in 2018 and not relying on search and social media.
- [02:48] Thinking outside the box by generating your own traffic.
- [03:35] Gaining traffic by building your own unique product, such as a game or a tool!
- [04:27] Taking matters into your own hands as far as leads are concerned.
- [05:48] Another great example of a product you can create to get more traffic.
- [07:45] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1232, we share some of the smartest marketing strategies that we have come across lately. You will hear great examples of how people are leveraging design to drive user enthusiasm on their...
In episode #1231, we share seven strategies that you can use to boost engagement on your LinkedIn significantly. We highlight LinkedIn’s great capacity for going live and teach you how to leverage t...
In episode #1230, we give you some tips about when to pass off social media work to an employee or third party organization, and when to do it yourself. The audience that you have built around your pe...