In episode #1193, we discuss the best strategies for overcoming the traffic drop that often results from updates. Creating a product such as a simple game, tool, or widget is an effective means of getting your traffic numbers climbing again. Tune in to hear what percentage your visitor numbers might be reduced and some of the novel ways to combat the problem!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:28] Today’s topic: How to Survive a Google Core Update.
- [00:34] Our recent experience with dropped visitor numbers.
- [01:05] An observation about the quality and the number of traffic for certain sites.
- [01:14] How Core updates affect the traffic to a site and when it recovers.
- [02:00] Why it is not always possible to avoid hits when Google makes algorithm changes.
- [02:20] The trend that started in 2018 and not relying on search and social media.
- [02:48] Thinking outside the box by generating your own traffic.
- [03:35] Gaining traffic by building your own unique product, such as a game or a tool!
- [04:27] Taking matters into your own hands as far as leads are concerned.
- [05:48] Another great example of a product you can create to get more traffic.
- [07:45] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...