In episode #783, Eric and Neil discuss putting on a Mastermind group or conference. Tune in to hear how Eric put on a Mastermind weekend.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Throw Your Own Mastermind
- [00:45] Eric through his own Mastermind.
- [00:55] He has been part of an Entrepreneurs’ group for a while.
- [01:00] Recently, they were in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and it inspired him to do a four-day Mastermind group.
- [01:36] It is important to surround yourself with the “right” people on a regular basis.
- [01:54] Eric mandated that there be no technology during the Mastermind, so there would be no distractions.
- [02:15] The 9 people that attended were friends and/or acquaintances.
- [02:35] When doing a Mastermind, make sure it includes people you don’t talk to on a regular basis, so you get fresh perspectives.
- [03:05] Eric has already implemented some great ideas he got from the Mastermind.
- [03:45] Eric didn’t make money, but total cost was $3000 for the weekend.
- [04:05] He decided that everyone would pay at cost.
- [04:25] His main purpose was not to make money, but to learn.
- [04:45] The things learned will last longer than the money that could have potentially been made.
- [05:15] Eric is looking forward to doing it again.
- [05:25] In order to get people to attend, Eric sent an email to a select group of people (he created the parameters based on the desired outcome of the Mastermind).
- [05:55] He sent a simple email invitation.
- [06:10] The response rate was less than 100%, because all but one invitee attended.
- [06:51] Keeping it small (max 15 people) is for the best.
- [07:20] That’s all for today!
- [07:27] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1546, we talk about the underutilized link between email marketing and SEO. Eric and Neil share how leveraging this untapped strategy has helped them grow in leaps and bounds and they shar...
In episode #1545, you will learn more about webinars and some ways to make them more engaging. Even in 2020, webinars are still a great way to drive sales, so it is super important that you make sure ...
In episode #1544, we discuss the value of building a defensible moat around your income. People like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger like to invest in businesses with a moat for a good reason – th...