In Episode #484, Eric and Neil discuss how to turn marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads. Tune in to learn the difference between a marketing qualified lead and a sales qualified lead; how to convert an MQL into an SQL through criteria, and how to automate the scheduling and sales calls.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:29] – Today’s topic: How to Turn Marketing Qualified Leads Into Sales Qualified Leads
- [00:39] – MQL or marketing qualified leads are actions that are taken inside your email marketing software or marketing automation software. Such as Drip or Marketo.
- [00:49] – Once someone visits a certain number of pages they may have a marketing score of 70 which makes them a marketing qualified lead.
- [01:02] – A sales qualified lead is based on the ideal client profile.
- [01:11] – How do you turn marketing qualified leads into sales qualified leads.
- [01:18] – Different behavior triggers can move someone into a sales sequence based on criteria that you set.
- [01:47] – Ask for a lot of criteria when qualifying a lead. Use a form field and pass it to sales.
- [02:11] – If sales reps aren’t talking to the leads, they are not generating conversions.
- [02:17] – Once the lead hits the form fields you can schedule them automatically in a call using something like ScheduleOnce.
- [03:26] – Once a lead comes in we use Clearbit to enrich the leads. We only reach out if they fit a certain criteria.
- [03:50] – If you want more sales qualified leads have an online chat on your site like Drift.
- [04:20] – Think about what types of leads are closing based on region.
- [05:20] – That’s it for today!
- [05:22] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool.
- [05:27] – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy. You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...