In episode #1001, we discuss how to uncover your competitor’s SEO strategy. Tune in to hear how you can figure out what works for your direct competition.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Uncover Your Competitor’s SEO Strategy
- [00:35] You could use great free tools like Ahrefs and SEMRush.
- [01:00] It’s about determining where they are getting the traffic.
- [01:15] Knowing which pages they update the most could prove useful.
- [01:56] In Ahrefs, you can see how quickly how their organic keywords are growing.
- [03:00] Everything needs to be based off of data.
- [03:20] Google has a new discovery portal: when you publish content, it shows you the ebb and flow of your traffic.
- [04:00] Fix the pages that aren’t working.
- [04:10] Look at your competitor’s link profile and see where they are getting their links from.
- [04:55] That’s it for today!
- [04:59] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...