In Episode #75 Eric and Neil talk explainer videos—what they are, how they work, and how you can use them jack up your revenue. Listen as they introduce you to key video strategies, and discuss the oft overlooked secret to developing a great explainer video…an amazing copywriter.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s topic: How you can use explainer videos to sell your products
- 01:04 – They’re a great tool for explaining your product service in an easy to digest way
- 01:35 – Breaks down objections and advantages
- 02:03 – The objection part is the key
- 02:20 – Aim for 1 to 2 minutes in length and always close with a CTA
- 03:30 – Inject case studies that trigger an emotional aspect
- 04:05 – Talking about Shark Tank, Squatty Potty
- 04:19 – A tool that helps you poop better
- 04:49 – An ad is content marketing
- 05:18 – Dollar Shave Club explainer video
- 06:08 – Demo Duck
- 06:30 – The storyline is the most important part of your video
- 07:01 – The second most important aspect? Voice over artist
- 07:49 – When you’re working with a voice over artist, you need to work with the artist to communicate the goal
- 08:45 – Make your video stand-alone enough that it doesn’t need to live on your website
- 09:25 – Angel.co
- 09:42 – Video Brewery
- 09:58 – Sandwich Video
- 10:17 – Have a REALLY good script
3 Key Points:
- The key to an amazing explainer video is an amazing copywriter.
- Make sure your videos address objections.
- Aim for 60 to 120 seconds in length.
- Growth Everywhere podcast: How Bobby Edwards Sold $20M in Squatty Potties in Just 1 Year
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...