In Episode #75 Eric and Neil talk explainer videos—what they are, how they work, and how you can use them jack up your revenue. Listen as they introduce you to key video strategies, and discuss the oft overlooked secret to developing a great explainer video…an amazing copywriter.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Today’s topic: How you can use explainer videos to sell your products
- 01:04 – They’re a great tool for explaining your product service in an easy to digest way
- 01:35 – Breaks down objections and advantages
- 02:03 – The objection part is the key
- 02:20 – Aim for 1 to 2 minutes in length and always close with a CTA
- 03:30 – Inject case studies that trigger an emotional aspect
- 04:05 – Talking about Shark Tank, Squatty Potty
- 04:19 – A tool that helps you poop better
- 04:49 – An ad is content marketing
- 05:18 – Dollar Shave Club explainer video
- 06:08 – Demo Duck
- 06:30 – The storyline is the most important part of your video
- 07:01 – The second most important aspect? Voice over artist
- 07:49 – When you’re working with a voice over artist, you need to work with the artist to communicate the goal
- 08:45 – Make your video stand-alone enough that it doesn’t need to live on your website
- 09:25 – Angel.co
- 09:42 – Video Brewery
- 09:58 – Sandwich Video
- 10:17 – Have a REALLY good script
3 Key Points:
- The key to an amazing explainer video is an amazing copywriter.
- Make sure your videos address objections.
- Aim for 60 to 120 seconds in length.
- Growth Everywhere podcast: How Bobby Edwards Sold $20M in Squatty Potties in Just 1 Year
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...