In episode #1203, we share how you can use intent to shape your content and SEO. The buckets of intent are the best way to gauge where in the sales process your potential customer is, drive them toward the point of purchase and engage them most appropriately. Tune in to hear how to organize your content within the funnel system and what percentage of content should belong to each funnel.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Use Intent to Shape Your Content and SEO.
- [00:35] The three main buckets of intent: top, middle and bottom of the funnel.
- [00:45] What top of funnel typically involves: information and education.
- [01:32] How the middle of the funnel is different and refines searches by comparison.
- [02:13] The bottom of the funnel: when someone is ready to buy and the keywords they’ll use.
- [02:38] The importance of understanding how customers buy and how your content performs.
- [03:07] Map out the percentage of content that will be top, middle and bottom of the funnel.
- [03:20] Examples of how to drive your customer from the top to the bottom funnel.
- [03:53] Using Gliffy and other flow chart software to organize and communicate your ideas.
- [04:10] Thinking carefully about the call to actions in converting people into customers.
- [05:57] Targeting people based on the funnel category of the article they downloaded.
- [06:29] Ensuring that you have the right email service provider.
- [06:47] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...