In episode #1203, we share how you can use intent to shape your content and SEO. The buckets of intent are the best way to gauge where in the sales process your potential customer is, drive them toward the point of purchase and engage them most appropriately. Tune in to hear how to organize your content within the funnel system and what percentage of content should belong to each funnel.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Use Intent to Shape Your Content and SEO.
- [00:35] The three main buckets of intent: top, middle and bottom of the funnel.
- [00:45] What top of funnel typically involves: information and education.
- [01:32] How the middle of the funnel is different and refines searches by comparison.
- [02:13] The bottom of the funnel: when someone is ready to buy and the keywords they’ll use.
- [02:38] The importance of understanding how customers buy and how your content performs.
- [03:07] Map out the percentage of content that will be top, middle and bottom of the funnel.
- [03:20] Examples of how to drive your customer from the top to the bottom funnel.
- [03:53] Using Gliffy and other flow chart software to organize and communicate your ideas.
- [04:10] Thinking carefully about the call to actions in converting people into customers.
- [05:57] Targeting people based on the funnel category of the article they downloaded.
- [06:29] Ensuring that you have the right email service provider.
- [06:47] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...