In Episode #105 Eric and Neil reveal how you can use mobile based pop-ups without getting Google angry. They’ll show you the technicalities to avoid and alternative ways you can make your site impervious to Google’s harsh penalties.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Use Mobile-Based Pop-Ups without Getting Penalized in Google
- 00:40 – In 2017, Google will start looking at mobile pop ups
- 01:02 – Neil’s animated interstitial on his site
- 02:53 – You can do a model that doesn’t own the whole page
- 03:19 – Google doesn’t want pop ups consuming the whole screen
- 04:01 – Use sticky bars instead of pop-ups
- 04:22 – Google “interstitial penalty, 2017” to read more
- 04:43 – Integrate quizzes on mobile devices
- 05:10 – Google is adding a news carousel for amp pages
- 05:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop-ups occupying the whole screen are a bad user-experience, which is why Google wants them GONE.
- Make use of the other techniques and tools other than pop-ups.
- Read more about the changes coming in 2017 to stay ahead of the curve.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...