In Episode #105 Eric and Neil reveal how you can use mobile based pop-ups without getting Google angry. They’ll show you the technicalities to avoid and alternative ways you can make your site impervious to Google’s harsh penalties.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to Use Mobile-Based Pop-Ups without Getting Penalized in Google
- 00:40 – In 2017, Google will start looking at mobile pop ups
- 01:02 – Neil’s animated interstitial on his site
- 02:53 – You can do a model that doesn’t own the whole page
- 03:19 – Google doesn’t want pop ups consuming the whole screen
- 04:01 – Use sticky bars instead of pop-ups
- 04:22 – Google “interstitial penalty, 2017” to read more
- 04:43 – Integrate quizzes on mobile devices
- 05:10 – Google is adding a news carousel for amp pages
- 05:28 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Pop-ups occupying the whole screen are a bad user-experience, which is why Google wants them GONE.
- Make use of the other techniques and tools other than pop-ups.
- Read more about the changes coming in 2017 to stay ahead of the curve.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...