In Episode #136, Eric and Neil list and explain the different ways you can validate your business idea for less than $100. Validating your business idea does NOT have to be expensive and these two experts will give you the tools you need to confirm that your idea is a great one.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Validate Your Business Idea for Under $100
- 00:35 – Tim Ferris’ validation on the 4-Hour Work Week on Google AdWords costed $50
- 01:09 – Use tools like Google Surveys and Survata
- 01:36 – Post an ad in Craigslist
- 02:43 – Use surveys in person or in video to get feedback
- 02:56 – Keep trying to get the best results
- 03:31 – Check Reddit and Quora
- 04:37 – Go to the INC5000 list and see what other companies are doing
- 05:13 – Look for companies in the same industry as yours
- 06:11 – Research the problems companies in your industry are trying to solve
- 06:30 – Look at Amazon and Ebay, if you’re selling consumer products
- 06:43 – Check Flippa and FE International to see what new online businesses are being sold
- 07:01 – Look at your market using Google Trends
- 07:48 – Use the Keyword Tool, Google Suggest and Google Keyword Planner to figure out search volume
- 08:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Use online tools available to you to find that validation.
- Talk to people about your business idea and gauge their responses.
- Look at the companies in your industry and find out what problems they’re trying to solve today.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...