In Episode #243, Eric and Neil discuss how to win more business as a freelance digital marketer. Tune in to learn how you can leverage online tools to get more people to use your services and the importance of building a strong network.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Win More Business as a Freelance Digital Marketer
- 00:38 – Build your audience
- 00:56 – Figure out where your audience hangs out and deliver content consistently
- 01:31 – Go to CrunchBase and check the people who have raised capital
- 01:38 – Email them on how they can improve their company
- 01:48 – It was Neil’s way to generate revenue
- 02:09 – There are tons of sales tools now, that can help you reach out to people
- 03:29 – Help out your competition
- 03:37 – They can give you their low-end deals if they’re too overwhelmed
- 04:07 – Eric has referred deals
- 04:19 – Use Adbeat to create PDF reports
- 05:40 – Reach out to people who have a lot of portfolio companies
- 05:48 – Go to an investor and show them what’s wrong with their portfolio companies
- 06:20 – Suggest more popular companies
- 06:43 – This leads to more and more people knowing about your services
- 07:00 – Guest post on sites like Entrepreneur or Forbes
- 07:20 – Your post can generate traffic leading to a better rank on Google
- 07:46 – Relationship stocking
- 08:04 – The aim is to build a good relationship
- 08:20 – Create your event and connect with people
- 08:44 – Email Eric for his event in LA and he can add you to the list
- 09:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Deliver valuable content consistently to your audience.
- The more people see you, the more they want to work with you.
- Offering your services for free is a great strategy to bring in more clients that are willing to eventually pay you.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...