On episode #501, Eric and Neil discuss why they enjoy working out of luxury hotel lobbies, as opposed to a communal work space like WeWork. Tune in to hear why you should consider spending some of your time in luxury hotel lobbies.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Work from Luxury Hotels for Free (and Why WeWork Sucks)
- [00:35] Even though Neil is a WeWork member, he prefers to sit and work in the lobbies of luxury hotels.
- [01:09] No one has ever kicked him out of the lobby nor asked if he was a guest.
- [01:20] Eric finds WeWork expensive and disappointing.
- [01:42] WeWork is great for freelancers looking for companionship.
- [02:11] Lobbies of luxury hotels provide networking opportunities.
- [02:30] Try it, because it’s a good experience and is better than a Starbucks.
- [02:50] Entrepreneurs are doing this all time (it’s their MO).
- [03:09] Look for hotels that are holding conferences that are relevant to you; work from the lobby and you will be much more likely to generate business.
- [03:45] That’s it for today!
- [03:47] Eric and Neil recommend the Problem Solvers podcast, because there is a great episode about the Hello Fresh CEO. To listen go to singlegrain.com/solve.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...