In Episode #86 Neil and Eric talk about how you can write a detailed blog post in less than 2 hours. Listen to learn the importance of leaving your mistakes for later and why you should start writing at the time when you’re most productive in a day.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How to write a detailed blog post in less than 2 hours
- 00:38 – Download Rev to transcribe your audio or video
- 01:01 – If you have a blog topic, record it
- 01:28 – Take the transcription and organize it
- 01:44 – If you don’t know what you’re writing on, it takes forever
- 01:56 – Make sure you know the topic you’re blogging about
- 02:04 – Check BuzzSumo and Quora for blog post ideas
- 02:18 – Craft your title with Copy Blogger Headline Formula
- 02:37 – Make the intro and put headings on the points you want to cover
- 02:58 – Write the conclusion before going to the body
- 03:50 – Eric’s blog process
- 03:53 – Open Evernote file and outline
- 04:09 – Start to write
- 04:21 – Come back to organize
- 04:37 – Come back the next day to review
- 05:11 – Figure out what time you’re productive
- 05:40 – Don’t fix errors at first – go back to them after
- 06:03 – Don’t break up the process – correct it later on
- 06:36 – Find a process that works for you
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If you have a topic in mind, write it down as soon as you can before it gets lost.
- Don’t mind your mistakes at first, you can proofread later.
- Ultimately, as long as your process works for you, that’s all that matters.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...