In Episode #485, Eric and Neil discuss how to write a killer blog conclusion that leaves the reader satisfied. Tune in to learn how having a conclusion can encourage the skimmer to read the entire article, encourage engagement through next steps and questions, and cap things off with a concise summary.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:28] – Today’s topic: How to Write a Killer Blog Conclusion That Leaves the Reader Satisfied
- [00:46] – How Neil always had a conclusion on Quick Sprout, his first big marketing blog.
- [01:09] – Ending a conclusion with a question mark encourages more comments.
- [01:19] – The conclusion should summarize the blog post. People scroll to the bottom and read the conclusion first.
- [01:46] – Eric likes to get to the point and extract value.
- [02:06] – Put next steps in the conclusion such as “leave a comment” and “check out this post”.
- [02:25] – Have conclusion, ask a question, and summarize things. Cap it off.
- [02:38] – That’s it for today!
- [02:41] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool. Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy.
- [02:51] – You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...