In Episode #485, Eric and Neil discuss how to write a killer blog conclusion that leaves the reader satisfied. Tune in to learn how having a conclusion can encourage the skimmer to read the entire article, encourage engagement through next steps and questions, and cap things off with a concise summary.
Time-stamped show notes:
- [00:28] – Today’s topic: How to Write a Killer Blog Conclusion That Leaves the Reader Satisfied
- [00:46] – How Neil always had a conclusion on Quick Sprout, his first big marketing blog.
- [01:09] – Ending a conclusion with a question mark encourages more comments.
- [01:19] – The conclusion should summarize the blog post. People scroll to the bottom and read the conclusion first.
- [01:46] – Eric likes to get to the point and extract value.
- [02:06] – Put next steps in the conclusion such as “leave a comment” and “check out this post”.
- [02:25] – Have conclusion, ask a question, and summarize things. Cap it off.
- [02:38] – That’s it for today!
- [02:41] – Marketing School is giving away a 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool. Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy.
- [02:51] – You can also learn how to win a one-year subscription to Crazy Egg.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...