In Episode #173, Eric and Neil discuss how you can write a killer blog post. Many people can slap a string of coherent sentences together and call it a blog—but, can they capture their readers’ attention? Tune in as Eric and Neil reveal solid suggestions for creating a blog that will entice and hook an audience. From your title to the images place amidst your text, all these details count.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Write a Killer Blog Post
- 00:35 – Write a great headline and continue the thought in the first few sentences to hook the readers
- 00:59 – Go to Copyblogger for the headline formula
- 01:15 – Think of blogging as a presentation or a classroom lecture
- 01:33 – Engage with your readers
- 01:46 – Start with a conversation
- 01:57 – Neil shares a sample conversation in a blogpost
- 03:08 – Use sub-headers or bullets to keep things organized
- 03:45 – Eric shares an example that can get readers hooked
- 04:08 – Add media to your blog post
- 04:32 – Eric uses DesignPickle for his images
- 04:50 – Have a conclusion heading
- 05:22 – All claims should be backed up by case study or research links
- 06:00 – If you have data that can separate you, the better, because it can’t be replicated easily
- 07:07 – Make your blog readable
- 07:17 – Design should be responsive and text should be clear
- 08:20 – Neil Patel’s Quicksprout
- 08:30 – Neil reads Tech Crunch, TMZ, CNN and other sites to give him creative ideas that he can leverage on his own website
- 09:00 – Eric checks Wallstreet Journal, copyblogger, and problogger
- 09:20 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blog posts are not just about the text—a catchy photo or video can entice people to read it.
- Simple, but powerful—overly decorated posts can easily turn off the reader.
- Read a lot and a variety or written work as this feeds your creative inspiration.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...