In Episode #114 Eric and Neil discuss how tools create better marketing ROIs for your business. Listen to hear their examples and to better understand that links are a big factor for tools.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How tools create a better marketing ROI
- 00:39 – Neil did a test
- 00:44 – Neil checked Hubspot
- 01:02 – Leads today from content marketing, conferences, sponsorships and ads
- 01:09 – During the early days, they got leads from their tools
- 01:12 – Word Stream also generates leads from their PPC creator
- 01:19 – Neil’s tool experiment on Quick Sprout
- 02:31 – Check Walkscore through Ahrefs and you’ll find a lot of anchor text going back to their site
- 02:56 – Don’t do black area
- 03:28 – Neil shares what he knows on Walkscore
- 03:55 – They created a tool
- 04:15 – How realtors helped Walkscore build links
- 04:40 – Realtors were able to use Walkscore as selling point
- 05:00 – Using links and badges these days can be hit by Google
- 05:46 – Don’t use tools for mischievous purposes
- 05:51 – Tools are mouse traps
- 06:16 – Check Outgrow.co will help you get started
- 07:01 – Simple tools don’t do well
- 07:14 – Do a tool that’s a bit more wowing
- 07:52 – Think about interactive content too
- 08:20 – Links are a big factor
- 08:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create tools for black hat purposes if necessary.
- Complex tools require complex solutions.
- Instead of creating simple tools, go for ones with interactive content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...