In Episode #114 Eric and Neil discuss how tools create better marketing ROIs for your business. Listen to hear their examples and to better understand that links are a big factor for tools.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How tools create a better marketing ROI
- 00:39 – Neil did a test
- 00:44 – Neil checked Hubspot
- 01:02 – Leads today from content marketing, conferences, sponsorships and ads
- 01:09 – During the early days, they got leads from their tools
- 01:12 – Word Stream also generates leads from their PPC creator
- 01:19 – Neil’s tool experiment on Quick Sprout
- 02:31 – Check Walkscore through Ahrefs and you’ll find a lot of anchor text going back to their site
- 02:56 – Don’t do black area
- 03:28 – Neil shares what he knows on Walkscore
- 03:55 – They created a tool
- 04:15 – How realtors helped Walkscore build links
- 04:40 – Realtors were able to use Walkscore as selling point
- 05:00 – Using links and badges these days can be hit by Google
- 05:46 – Don’t use tools for mischievous purposes
- 05:51 – Tools are mouse traps
- 06:16 – Check Outgrow.co will help you get started
- 07:01 – Simple tools don’t do well
- 07:14 – Do a tool that’s a bit more wowing
- 07:52 – Think about interactive content too
- 08:20 – Links are a big factor
- 08:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create tools for black hat purposes if necessary.
- Complex tools require complex solutions.
- Instead of creating simple tools, go for ones with interactive content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...