In Episode #114 Eric and Neil discuss how tools create better marketing ROIs for your business. Listen to hear their examples and to better understand that links are a big factor for tools.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How tools create a better marketing ROI
- 00:39 – Neil did a test
- 00:44 – Neil checked Hubspot
- 01:02 – Leads today from content marketing, conferences, sponsorships and ads
- 01:09 – During the early days, they got leads from their tools
- 01:12 – Word Stream also generates leads from their PPC creator
- 01:19 – Neil’s tool experiment on Quick Sprout
- 02:31 – Check Walkscore through Ahrefs and you’ll find a lot of anchor text going back to their site
- 02:56 – Don’t do black area
- 03:28 – Neil shares what he knows on Walkscore
- 03:55 – They created a tool
- 04:15 – How realtors helped Walkscore build links
- 04:40 – Realtors were able to use Walkscore as selling point
- 05:00 – Using links and badges these days can be hit by Google
- 05:46 – Don’t use tools for mischievous purposes
- 05:51 – Tools are mouse traps
- 06:16 – Check Outgrow.co will help you get started
- 07:01 – Simple tools don’t do well
- 07:14 – Do a tool that’s a bit more wowing
- 07:52 – Think about interactive content too
- 08:20 – Links are a big factor
- 08:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create tools for black hat purposes if necessary.
- Complex tools require complex solutions.
- Instead of creating simple tools, go for ones with interactive content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...