In Episode #114 Eric and Neil discuss how tools create better marketing ROIs for your business. Listen to hear their examples and to better understand that links are a big factor for tools.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How tools create a better marketing ROI
- 00:39 – Neil did a test
- 00:44 – Neil checked Hubspot
- 01:02 – Leads today from content marketing, conferences, sponsorships and ads
- 01:09 – During the early days, they got leads from their tools
- 01:12 – Word Stream also generates leads from their PPC creator
- 01:19 – Neil’s tool experiment on Quick Sprout
- 02:31 – Check Walkscore through Ahrefs and you’ll find a lot of anchor text going back to their site
- 02:56 – Don’t do black area
- 03:28 – Neil shares what he knows on Walkscore
- 03:55 – They created a tool
- 04:15 – How realtors helped Walkscore build links
- 04:40 – Realtors were able to use Walkscore as selling point
- 05:00 – Using links and badges these days can be hit by Google
- 05:46 – Don’t use tools for mischievous purposes
- 05:51 – Tools are mouse traps
- 06:16 – Check Outgrow.co will help you get started
- 07:01 – Simple tools don’t do well
- 07:14 – Do a tool that’s a bit more wowing
- 07:52 – Think about interactive content too
- 08:20 – Links are a big factor
- 08:34 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create tools for black hat purposes if necessary.
- Complex tools require complex solutions.
- Instead of creating simple tools, go for ones with interactive content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...