In Episode #176, Eric and Neil discuss how topical relevancy can boost your ranking. It’s important to know how your keywords and content work against and for you through Google’s ranking systems. Tune in to know how to master topical relevancy and how checking your competitors’ work can help you climb to a better rank.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Topical Relevancy Can Boost Your Ranking
- 00:34 – Topical relevancy allows the small guys to compete with the big guys
- 00:49 – Neil explains how Google ranks websites according to SEO relevancy
- 01:16 – SingleGrain ranks for marketing related keywords
- 01:43 – Google can’t seem to find the right keywords for Growth Everywhere which describes the stories of entrepreneurs
- 02:20 – It is important to have strong topical relevancy when starting your website
- 03:03 – Focus on a specific topic
- 03:35 – Being the best on one topic is what topical relevancy is about
- 04:20 – Marketmuse suggests all the phrases and terms that you should be using with your website if you want to be topically relevant
- 04:39 – Check similar websites in your space using SEMrush and Ahrefs Tool
- 04:55 – FamousBirthdays.com is about celebrity birthdays, is focused on just one topic, and drives millions of visitors
- 05:10 – “Always look at your competition”
- 05:25 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Google will most likely rank a website that is SEO focused higher than the one that is marketing focused.
- Focus on a specific topic—being the best on one topic is what topical relevancy is all about.
- Always look at your competition—check the topics they are using and monitor their ranking.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...