In episode #812, Eric and Neil discuss how to grow your podcast. Tune in to hear what you need to do to make your podcast a success.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] How We Grew Marketing School to Over 750,000 Monthly Listeners
- [01:10] They promoted the podcast through email blasts.
- [01:26] They begged others to promote through their lists, but you can pay people to promote through their email lists.
- [02:03] The content tilt was that their podcast is about two guys who love marketing.
- [02:25] They haven’t missed a show for two years.
- [02:40] Consider what your spin is, in order to set yourself apart.
- [02:54] Eric and Neil are picky about their titles.
- [03:05] They love to create clickbait-y titles.
- [03:15] Appealing titles help you.
- [03:35] They check out other ideas through BuzzSumo to see what is popular.
- [03:45] They also see what is popular on YouTube.
- [04:18] Before they even record, they start with the title.
- [05:22] They look at their Libsyn stats. This will show you which episodes do well.
- [05:51] Based on this, they know which topics to use in the future.
- [06:05] Apple Analytics is still in beta, but it’s starting to kick out info about podcast performance.
- [06:30] The live event is a great offer to get more listeners.
- [06:57] iTunes lists the last 300 episodes. It’s valuable to post as many as you can.
- [07:32] If you are interested in corporate training, tweet at Eric.
- [07:44] That’s all for today!
- [07:51] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #905, we discuss how digital marketing will change in 2019. Tune in to hear what changes are on the horizon....
In episode #904, we discuss whether marketing is actually an engineering problem. Tune in to hear our verdict....
In episode #903, we discuss how to recover from an algorithm update. Tune in to hear how you can prevent your traffic from going on a permanent decline....