In episode #812, Eric and Neil discuss how to grow your podcast. Tune in to hear what you need to do to make your podcast a success.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] How We Grew Marketing School to Over 750,000 Monthly Listeners
- [01:10] They promoted the podcast through email blasts.
- [01:26] They begged others to promote through their lists, but you can pay people to promote through their email lists.
- [02:03] The content tilt was that their podcast is about two guys who love marketing.
- [02:25] They haven’t missed a show for two years.
- [02:40] Consider what your spin is, in order to set yourself apart.
- [02:54] Eric and Neil are picky about their titles.
- [03:05] They love to create clickbait-y titles.
- [03:15] Appealing titles help you.
- [03:35] They check out other ideas through BuzzSumo to see what is popular.
- [03:45] They also see what is popular on YouTube.
- [04:18] Before they even record, they start with the title.
- [05:22] They look at their Libsyn stats. This will show you which episodes do well.
- [05:51] Based on this, they know which topics to use in the future.
- [06:05] Apple Analytics is still in beta, but it’s starting to kick out info about podcast performance.
- [06:30] The live event is a great offer to get more listeners.
- [06:57] iTunes lists the last 300 episodes. It’s valuable to post as many as you can.
- [07:32] If you are interested in corporate training, tweet at Eric.
- [07:44] That’s all for today!
- [07:51] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...