In episode #812, Eric and Neil discuss how to grow your podcast. Tune in to hear what you need to do to make your podcast a success.
Eric and Neil have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] How We Grew Marketing School to Over 750,000 Monthly Listeners
- [01:10] They promoted the podcast through email blasts.
- [01:26] They begged others to promote through their lists, but you can pay people to promote through their email lists.
- [02:03] The content tilt was that their podcast is about two guys who love marketing.
- [02:25] They haven’t missed a show for two years.
- [02:40] Consider what your spin is, in order to set yourself apart.
- [02:54] Eric and Neil are picky about their titles.
- [03:05] They love to create clickbait-y titles.
- [03:15] Appealing titles help you.
- [03:35] They check out other ideas through BuzzSumo to see what is popular.
- [03:45] They also see what is popular on YouTube.
- [04:18] Before they even record, they start with the title.
- [05:22] They look at their Libsyn stats. This will show you which episodes do well.
- [05:51] Based on this, they know which topics to use in the future.
- [06:05] Apple Analytics is still in beta, but it’s starting to kick out info about podcast performance.
- [06:30] The live event is a great offer to get more listeners.
- [06:57] iTunes lists the last 300 episodes. It’s valuable to post as many as you can.
- [07:32] If you are interested in corporate training, tweet at Eric.
- [07:44] That’s all for today!
- [07:51] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2229, Neil and Eric talk about seven split tests you won’t regret running. One of the most reliable ways to determine effective marketing methods is by running split tests. Tune in to le...
In episode #2228, Neil and Eric talk about why rising interest rates will make marketing more affordable. Warren Buffet famously said, “be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are ...
In episode #2227, Neil and Eric talk about why the easiest way to go broke is by acting rich. When you’re making hundreds and thousands of dollars, it can be tempting to splurge your cash on non-ess...