In episode #1002, we discuss how you can make millions, even if you suck at a lot of things. Tune in to hear what we struggle with and how we work around our shortcomings.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How We Make Millions, When We Suck at so Many Things!
- [00:50] When we say “millions” we are referring to revenue, not profit.
- [01:17] Eric isn’t the best at executing things.
- [01:35] Neil is a terrible manager.
- [01:45] Eric spends too much time learning and not implementing.
- [01:55] However, when his team makes mistakes, he’s good at finding a solution.
- [03:15] The way to work with Neil is by showing results.
- [03:55] We can’t unlearn our life-long habits.
- [04:32] Neil is good at driving traffic and collecting leads.
- [04:50] However, most people are probably better at making money.
- [05:10] It’s important to hire people who are better than you at most tasks.
- [06:45] Eric is a jack-of-all-trades and can adapt easily.
- [07:05] He recently brought in someone who has experience running ad agencies to fill in the gaps in his knowledge.
- [08:16] Focus on your strengths and hire people who fill in the gaps!
- [08:59] That’s it for today!
- [09:06] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...