In episode #546, Eric and Neil talk about what shady marketers do and how you can succeed in spite of them. Tune in to hear how Eric and Neil earn good will with their marketing techniques.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Compete with the Shady Marketers Without Breaking the Rules
- [01:05] Shady is: bending the rules, using unethical techniques, or avenues that aren’t on the up and up.
- [01:32] Facebook has always been big on skin care advertisers. Unfortunately, they offer free trials that aren’t actually free.
- [02:00] Blackhat SEO’ers would create link wheels, where they would take a web 2.0 properties and link them to each other.
- [02:34] Instead of making spammy articles, what if you linked all your guest posts together?
- [02:51] Thinking long term is key to your success, even when learning from shady techniques.
- [03:36] Yes, the shady marketers may be beating you right now, but they won’t be around forever.
- [03:53] Affiliate marketers will burn your brand if they have to, but that won’t work for them in the long term.
- [04:32] Neil does more of everything that will pan out in the long term and ignores the bad marketing techniques. He likes to create more good will around his brand.
- [05:18] The Skyscraper Technique is more or less what Neil is doing.
- [06:00] Don’t worry about what your competition is doing if they are shady!
- [06:25] That’s it for today!
- [06:27] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...