In episode #578, Eric and Neil talk about more affordable marketing avenues. Tune in to hear how you can spend less money marketing your business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Discover Affordable Marketing Channels That Have Huge Potential
- [00:40] It’s important to figure out who your target audience is and where they “hang out”.
- [00:58] Similar Web is a great way to see where your audience is. Alexa is another great option for this.
- [01:30] It’s important to see how people are using things.
- [01:45] The easiest marketing channels tend to get crowded fast, which causes cost to go up.
- [02:00] Similar Web will also tell you about email lists.
- [02:38] Neil likes to hit up websites directly.
- [03:14] Most people in the marketing world are doing online transactions, which means face-to-face meetings carry more weight.
- [03:54] Podcasting is underpriced attention.
- [04:05] Podcast advertising is affordable based on metrics Eric and Neil have used.
- [04:24] What’s old sometimes becomes new again.
- [04:35] Direct mail is making a bit of a comeback.
- [05:11] Neil pays for email blasts through various bloggers (he pays them to email their lists).
- [05:45] You can do outreach to the blogs to work out custom deals.
- [05:59] Only pay out Net 30 or Net 60.
- [06:10] That’s it for today!
- [06:13] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1933, Neil and Eric talk about whether your business should have a phone number listed. Having a phone number listed may seem outdated, but testing has shown that simply listing a phone nu...
In episode #1932, Neil and Eric talk about the economics of buying another business versus building. When you’re deciding whether or not to buy a business, the number one question you should ask you...
In episode #1931, Neil and Eric talk about how to profit off your blog without selling out. If you pivot from your original content in order to sell something, there’s a good chance you’ll feel li...