In episode #552, Eric and Neil explain how you can get the best marketing tactics from other marketers. Tune in to hear how you can learn the latest techniques and get ahead.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Get the World’s Top Marketers to Share Their Secrets with You
- [00:36] Once people start to share a tactic, it starts to get over-used.
- [01:00] So how do you learn about great tactics without becoming one of many using the same technique?
- [01:24] Neil thinks marketers like to party, spend money, and talk themselves up.
- [02:25] The creator of Growthhackers.com created the site because he wanted to have a community to share tips.
- [02:52] Marketers are going to try to outdo each other; by putting together a panel or roundtable, you will learn great techniques because they will all spill the beans just to impress each other.
- [03:36] You also want to share your tactics with others in order to get information back.
- [03:55] Neil likes to share tactics that work, but are kind of on their way out.
- [04:37] Sharing techniques that are new and on their way up, it will get spread around and overused.
- [05:07] The key is to be really careful who you share things with.
- [06:10] If you want marketers to share their secrets with you, your best bet is to go to conferences.
- [06:24] Conferences are where everyone wants to show off.
- [06:35] That’s it for today!
- [06:37] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
- [06:42] Tweet at Eric @Ericosiu and let him know if you want them to curate/bundle their podcast content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...