In episode #574, Eric and Neil explain what makes content addictive. Tune in to hear specific ways you can create addictive content.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Make Your Content Addictive
- [00:52] Eric tends to follow long-form case studies.
- [01:10] He likes reports, custom data, and short videos.
- [01:28] Eric prefers Alex Becker’s content, because his videos are concise.
- [01:42] Neil thinks evergreen content is addictive. It should have these factors: entertaining, educational, or actionable.
- [02:06] Some visual aspect is always helpful.
- [02:18] The “How a Car Engine Works” animagraffs is a great example.
- [03:12] Brian Dean has a great SEO blog and Eric always reads his content, because there is always a unique spin.
- [03:48] Bucket brigade: a format where each paragraph is two to three sentences max.
- [04:15] Brian Dean attracts a lot of social sharing because of his great posts.
- [04:35] Neil finds that people like text and images in one post.
- [04:56] He is considering integrating podcast clips into his content.
- [05:15] Keep testing your audience to see what they want; it will vary from industry to industry.
- [05:35] Use BuzzSumo to find popular topics in your industry and to see when it was popular.
- [06:15] Design is an important facet of addictive content.
- [06:58] That’s it for today!
- [07:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1468, we share why you should prioritize content creation in 2020. The average person consumes high volumes of content daily, whether in the form text, video, or audio, so you want to make...
In episode #1467, we discuss the recent Pier 1 Imports Transaction and what we can all learn from it. Most people thought that Tai Lopez was just a wealthy guy with Lamborghinis, but he is showing the...
In episode #1466, we talk about why Twitter is an underrated social media platform. Compared to most other channels, Twitter has many high net worth individuals engaging and sharing valuable informati...