In episode #574, Eric and Neil explain what makes content addictive. Tune in to hear specific ways you can create addictive content.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Make Your Content Addictive
- [00:52] Eric tends to follow long-form case studies.
- [01:10] He likes reports, custom data, and short videos.
- [01:28] Eric prefers Alex Becker’s content, because his videos are concise.
- [01:42] Neil thinks evergreen content is addictive. It should have these factors: entertaining, educational, or actionable.
- [02:06] Some visual aspect is always helpful.
- [02:18] The “How a Car Engine Works” animagraffs is a great example.
- [03:12] Brian Dean has a great SEO blog and Eric always reads his content, because there is always a unique spin.
- [03:48] Bucket brigade: a format where each paragraph is two to three sentences max.
- [04:15] Brian Dean attracts a lot of social sharing because of his great posts.
- [04:35] Neil finds that people like text and images in one post.
- [04:56] He is considering integrating podcast clips into his content.
- [05:15] Keep testing your audience to see what they want; it will vary from industry to industry.
- [05:35] Use BuzzSumo to find popular topics in your industry and to see when it was popular.
- [06:15] Design is an important facet of addictive content.
- [06:58] That’s it for today!
- [07:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #990, we discuss the best podcast analytics tool for 2019. Tune in to hear which tool we think is best....
In episode #989, we discuss where content marketing is heading. Tune in to hear what we think are the most important facets of content marketing....