In episode #574, Eric and Neil explain what makes content addictive. Tune in to hear specific ways you can create addictive content.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How You Can Make Your Content Addictive
- [00:52] Eric tends to follow long-form case studies.
- [01:10] He likes reports, custom data, and short videos.
- [01:28] Eric prefers Alex Becker’s content, because his videos are concise.
- [01:42] Neil thinks evergreen content is addictive. It should have these factors: entertaining, educational, or actionable.
- [02:06] Some visual aspect is always helpful.
- [02:18] The “How a Car Engine Works” animagraffs is a great example.
- [03:12] Brian Dean has a great SEO blog and Eric always reads his content, because there is always a unique spin.
- [03:48] Bucket brigade: a format where each paragraph is two to three sentences max.
- [04:15] Brian Dean attracts a lot of social sharing because of his great posts.
- [04:35] Neil finds that people like text and images in one post.
- [04:56] He is considering integrating podcast clips into his content.
- [05:15] Keep testing your audience to see what they want; it will vary from industry to industry.
- [05:35] Use BuzzSumo to find popular topics in your industry and to see when it was popular.
- [06:15] Design is an important facet of addictive content.
- [06:58] That’s it for today!
- [07:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...