In episode #956, we discuss what you should do if your business is failing. Tune in to hear how you can bring your company back from the brink.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: If Your Business is About to Fail, What do You Do?
- [00:35] When Eric took over Single Grain, it was about to fail.
- [00:54] Eric mapped out the worst case scenario and tried to plan for that.
- [01:15] Ultimately, it helped him turn things around and had contingency plans for various scenarios.
- [02:05] Khosla Ventures has great blog posts, including one called, “If/Then Planning”.
- [02:33] Look at your numbers.
- [02:52] Go back to basics: what was successful in the past?
- [03:10] Replicate your past successes.
- [04:15] Eric is focused and isn’t spread thin anymore. He used to burn a lot of money.
- [04:35] That’s it for today!
- [04:42] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...