In episode #1765, we talk about the current period of inflation and share some of the ways we are dealing with it. The term inflation refers to a process whereby currency becomes somewhat devalued and things gradually begin to cost more. While what we say should not be considered financial advice, listen along and hear about a strategy involving putting cash into hard assets.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: Inflation is Here. Here’s How We Are Dealing with It.
- [00:38] Understanding inflation: decreased buying power.
- [01:12] Signs of the inflationary landscape right now.
- [01:50] Don’t leave as much of your money in cash.
- [02:30] Aim for hard assets.
- [02:53] Remembering the period of hyperinflation in post-WW1 Germany.
- [04:13] Be careful not to take on too much risk.
- [04:56] Go to marketingschool.io/live to hang out with Neil and Eric in September.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...