In Episode #367, Eric and Neil discuss whether blog commenting is dead. Tune in to learn why blog commenting is NOT dead in Eric and Neil’s opinion. They’ll list the reasons why they still do it and explain the benefits you can gain from interacting with your audience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is Blog Commenting Dead?
- 01:05 – Nowadays, blog commenting still drives traffic, but not as much as it did before
- 01:13 – For niche blogs, blog commenting will still work
- 01:17 – What works is that people come to your blog and you build a rapport with them—because of this relationship, they are more likely to convert
- 01:45 – Some big publications have shut off their blog comments
- 02:00 – For Neil’s blog, which has educational value, people leave productive comments and build a relationship with him
- 02:15 – Neil has dedicated time to respond to the comments
- 02:42 – Even if there’s only one person who leaves a comment, you still have to respond
- 03:00 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:45 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:54 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blog commenting STILL works when it comes to driving traffic to your site.
- Build a rapport and relationship with your blog followers by responding to their comments.
- Blog commenting is NOT dead; in fact, it’s a tool that will help you increase your conversion rates.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...