In Episode #367, Eric and Neil discuss whether blog commenting is dead. Tune in to learn why blog commenting is NOT dead in Eric and Neil’s opinion. They’ll list the reasons why they still do it and explain the benefits you can gain from interacting with your audience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is Blog Commenting Dead?
- 01:05 – Nowadays, blog commenting still drives traffic, but not as much as it did before
- 01:13 – For niche blogs, blog commenting will still work
- 01:17 – What works is that people come to your blog and you build a rapport with them—because of this relationship, they are more likely to convert
- 01:45 – Some big publications have shut off their blog comments
- 02:00 – For Neil’s blog, which has educational value, people leave productive comments and build a relationship with him
- 02:15 – Neil has dedicated time to respond to the comments
- 02:42 – Even if there’s only one person who leaves a comment, you still have to respond
- 03:00 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:45 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 03:54 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Blog commenting STILL works when it comes to driving traffic to your site.
- Build a rapport and relationship with your blog followers by responding to their comments.
- Blog commenting is NOT dead; in fact, it’s a tool that will help you increase your conversion rates.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2185, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire short-form video editors at scale. There are more opportunities than ever to find and hire freelancers from the comfort of your favorite device, ...
If someone were to ask you about the state of your cash flow, would you be able to give an accurate response? According to today’s guest, Alan Miltz, most companies misunderstand their cash flow, an...
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...