In episode #737, Eric and Neil discuss whether cheaper is better. Tune in to hear if you are shooting yourself in the foot by charging less.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is Cheaper Better?
- [01:00] Some people say you pay what you get for, but sometimes cheaper is better.
- [01:30] There is a diamond company that makes the stones in a lab. When they sell them for less, no one wants them. When they sell them for the same price as mined diamonds, they sell out.
- [02:00] The quality is the same, but the diamonds are made in simulated conditions.
- [02:28] If two advertising companies charge two different rates, most people will pay the higher rate for a smaller company and more focused attention.
- [03:05] People often question the quality of something if it’s too low of a price.
- [03:30] There is no exact science to setting a price point, so do your research and run tests.
- [04:20] That’s it for today!
- [04:24] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2415, we discuss whether newsletters are good businesses. Newsletters can be a great way to build an audience, as well as something you can charge subscribers for, but are they the best us...
In episode #2414, we talk about whether you should build or buy when it comes to talent in your company. There are arguments to be made for both routes to growing your company and its teams, and here ...
In episode #2413, we discuss how to take accountability for your marketing screwups. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what kind of marketing genius you are, you will screw up at some point. ...