In Episode #157, Eric and Neil discuss whether guest posting is irrelevant or still effective. Guest posting today works differently than it did before – its main ROI is not to build links, but to deliver value and drive those leads. Listen as Neil and Eric discuss how to best utilize guest posting for your marketing needs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Is Guest Posting Still Worth It?
- 00:44 – Guest posting is posting on other websites for link building purposes
- 01:30 – It’s still worth it
- 01:48 – Before, guest posters get author accounts
- 02:00 – Now, if you’re given an author account, it will be in a sub-page without indexes
- 02:32 – DON’T waste your time guest posting for links anymore
- 02:41 – Focus on guest posting to drive leads
- 03:13 – Neil talks about his friend, Jason, who specializes in guest posting
- 03:57 – You will see little to no results on your first 6 months of guest posting
- 04:00 – It takes a year to get traction
- 04:29 – Eric shares an article he wrote about YouTube advertising
- 05:33 – Guest posting has it’s ROIs
- 05:53 – Focus on delivering value
- 06:19 – Yields from guest posting will definitely take time
- 06:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Guest posting is STILL relevant as a marketing tool.
- Do NOT focus on link building – it’s about driving those leads.
- Make sure you are delivering VALUE in your posts.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1868, Neil and Eric talk about CRO tips that will help you convert. Whether it’s having a range of payment options or looking at your image quality, there are numerous ways to optimize y...
In episode #1867, Neil and Eric talk about some rules they follow with marketing. From the rule of seven to the 80/20 rule, there is no shortage of top marketing tips for you. Tune in to hear it all!...
In episode #1866, Neil and Eric share seven ways to gamify your social media to gain a following. From contests to giveaways, there are so many creative ways to engage people. You just have to know ho...