In Episode #157, Eric and Neil discuss whether guest posting is irrelevant or still effective. Guest posting today works differently than it did before – its main ROI is not to build links, but to deliver value and drive those leads. Listen as Neil and Eric discuss how to best utilize guest posting for your marketing needs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: Is Guest Posting Still Worth It?
- 00:44 – Guest posting is posting on other websites for link building purposes
- 01:30 – It’s still worth it
- 01:48 – Before, guest posters get author accounts
- 02:00 – Now, if you’re given an author account, it will be in a sub-page without indexes
- 02:32 – DON’T waste your time guest posting for links anymore
- 02:41 – Focus on guest posting to drive leads
- 03:13 – Neil talks about his friend, Jason, who specializes in guest posting
- 03:57 – You will see little to no results on your first 6 months of guest posting
- 04:00 – It takes a year to get traction
- 04:29 – Eric shares an article he wrote about YouTube advertising
- 05:33 – Guest posting has it’s ROIs
- 05:53 – Focus on delivering value
- 06:19 – Yields from guest posting will definitely take time
- 06:41 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Guest posting is STILL relevant as a marketing tool.
- Do NOT focus on link building – it’s about driving those leads.
- Make sure you are delivering VALUE in your posts.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #962, we discuss how to target effectively on LinkedIn. Tune in to hear how you can get the right people to engage with your content....
In episode #961, we discuss whether blogging is still relevant. Tune in to hear if this method is still effective....
In episode #960, we discuss 7 simple tactics that always work. Tune in to hear how you can use social media marketing to your advantage....