In episode #985, we discuss whether it is worth it to hire a PR firm. Tune in to hear if a PR firm would be helpful to your business.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is Hiring a PR Firm Worth It?
- [00:45] PR Firms will help you get more coverage.
- [01:15] Some charge a retainer, which is a lot of money per month.
- [02:45] Paying as you go is a better model.
- [03:10] PR firms on retainer aren’t always the most productive or proactive.
- [03:30] You need something that is a good story. If you don’t have a good story, even the best PR firm won’t help you.
- [04:00] Don’t expect a ton of conversions or sales to come from even the best of PR campaigns.
- [04:20] PR is good for building brand trust.
- [05:00] For the vast majority of people, hiring a PR firm won’t be worth it.
- [05:20] Check out the book Purple Cow.
- [05:30] That’s it for today!
- [05:53] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1145, we share 7 creative ways to get more links to your business. From tools and broken links to websites that you can buy and merge your data into, we cover a ton of ways you can stimula...
In episode #1144, we unpack the recent collaborative study on organic click-through rates. This study, conducted by Backlinko and Marketing School, shows findings from over 5 millions Google search re...
In episode #1143, we help you think about how to pick the ideal price! We cover customized pricing models, calculators, pricing according to value, adjusting prices over time, and more! Tune in to hea...