In episode #985, we discuss whether it is worth it to hire a PR firm. Tune in to hear if a PR firm would be helpful to your business.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is Hiring a PR Firm Worth It?
- [00:45] PR Firms will help you get more coverage.
- [01:15] Some charge a retainer, which is a lot of money per month.
- [02:45] Paying as you go is a better model.
- [03:10] PR firms on retainer aren’t always the most productive or proactive.
- [03:30] You need something that is a good story. If you don’t have a good story, even the best PR firm won’t help you.
- [04:00] Don’t expect a ton of conversions or sales to come from even the best of PR campaigns.
- [04:20] PR is good for building brand trust.
- [05:00] For the vast majority of people, hiring a PR firm won’t be worth it.
- [05:20] Check out the book Purple Cow.
- [05:30] That’s it for today!
- [05:53] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...