In episode #756, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is better to charge a monthly fee or a one-time fee. Tune in to hear which is more lucrative.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is It Better to Charge a Monthly Fee or a One-Time Fee
- [00:40] If you have a monthly fee, look at the lifetime value of your customer.
- [00:45] Think about charging a one-time that is more or equivalent to your LTV and see if that generates more revenue.
- [01:05] People like the concept of a one-time fee.
- [01:24] It’s a much more appealing marketing message.
- [01:33] You have to be testing!
- [02:37] If your average customer only lasts one year, it’s more beneficial to charge up front.
- [02:56] Neil tested out up-front payment and a payment plan and found that up-front was the best system for his business.
- [03:25] If you charge a one-time fee for a lot of stuff, this holds greater appeal.
- [04:05] It’s all about the lifetime value of your customer: this is the best way to determine your pricing structure.
- [04:43] If you’re doing a subscription thing, you can use a dashboard that will track your clients and payments.
- [05:04] Price Intelligently is a great resource.
- [05:18] If you want to try a monthly fee, consider sticking with an up-front fee, but test it out first.
- [05:40] That’s all for today!
- [05:44] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...