In episode #756, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is better to charge a monthly fee or a one-time fee. Tune in to hear which is more lucrative.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is It Better to Charge a Monthly Fee or a One-Time Fee
- [00:40] If you have a monthly fee, look at the lifetime value of your customer.
- [00:45] Think about charging a one-time that is more or equivalent to your LTV and see if that generates more revenue.
- [01:05] People like the concept of a one-time fee.
- [01:24] It’s a much more appealing marketing message.
- [01:33] You have to be testing!
- [02:37] If your average customer only lasts one year, it’s more beneficial to charge up front.
- [02:56] Neil tested out up-front payment and a payment plan and found that up-front was the best system for his business.
- [03:25] If you charge a one-time fee for a lot of stuff, this holds greater appeal.
- [04:05] It’s all about the lifetime value of your customer: this is the best way to determine your pricing structure.
- [04:43] If you’re doing a subscription thing, you can use a dashboard that will track your clients and payments.
- [05:04] Price Intelligently is a great resource.
- [05:18] If you want to try a monthly fee, consider sticking with an up-front fee, but test it out first.
- [05:40] That’s all for today!
- [05:44] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...