In Episode #376, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is better to create a mobile website or a mobile app. Tune in to decide whether it’s worth your time to create an app or just focus on your website being optimized for mobile. Eric and Neil discuss what they prefer and why it depends on your niche. They also emphasize that whatever route you take—mobile app or website—make sure you focus on making the BEST user experience possible.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is It Better to Create a Mobile Website or a Mobile App?
- 00:40 – Eric personally prefers creating a mobile website that is a responsive website
- 00:58 – Eric also has a mobile app that they built with BuildFire
- 01:03 – It includes their podcast
- 01:16 – Unless you’re providing a unique function that requires an app, having a website is just fine
- 01:40 – Prioritize making the best user experience when it comes to your product
- 01:52 – Neil created an app before but the usage isn’t very high
- 02:00 – Mobile optimized websites are simpler and drives more users
- 02:22 – A website is enough for those content-oriented sites, just make it sure it’s optimized for mobile
- 02:40 – Eric shares a study regarding app usage
- 03:30 – Neil has less than 10 apps on his phone
- 03:35 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 04:40 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:44 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The percentage that describes mobile app usage varies per industry.
- Consider your audience when creating a mobile website or mobile app—are they more likely to use the app directly or just stick with the browser to check your product?
- Eric and Neil both agree that it is better to focus on mobile websites rather than an app if your site is more content-oriented.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2689, we delve into various topics, including Uber's undisclosed business practices, the surge of deep fake scams, the pivotal role of blockchain technology in safeguarding identities, and...
In episode #2688, we discuss our recent founders' retreat in Phoenix, Arizona, where we gathered with a group of successful entrepreneurs and business owners. We share insights and lessons learned fro...
Humphrey Yang discusses the financial challenges faced by younger generations and offers insights on building wealth. He highlights the significance of saving and investing, recommending a focus on in...