In Episode #112 Eric and Neil share their insights on when and where it’s worth investing your time in the pursuit of long tail keywords. Listen to understand what long-tail keywords are, what they are compared to, and how their strategic implementation can always help you rank.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is it really worth going after long tail keywords?
- 00:36 – Long tail keywords are 3-5 word phrases people are searching for
- 01:06 – Head term vs long tail keywords
- 01:35 – Wikipedia’s Abraham Lincoln page as an example
- 02:35 – Brian Dean’s 1M search results
- 03:28 – Long tail phrases are worth it
- 04:08 – Don’t think about long tail content
- 04:28 – Use Ahrefs to see long tail traffic that comes to your site
- 04:43 – When your content is older, you’ll start ranking for long tail phrases
- 04:50 – Use your Google Search Console
- 06:17 – Continually update content you already have
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Long tail keywords are worth using.
- Long tail keywords are the way you naturally write content.
- Implement long tail keywords to rank old content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2470, we explain why you’ve been thinking about AI the wrong way, and how you should approach it instead! While using AI for content creation is an incredible advancement, it still requi...
In episode #2469, we talk about how we optimize our travel for maximum output. Conferences and travel go hand in hand and we’ve figured out a few ways to ease the journey and curb jetlag. Tune in to...
In episode #2468, we break down our favorite marketing hack when speaking at conferences. We’ve been on the circuit for a few weeks and want to share our approach to marketing at events. Speaking, t...