In Episode #112 Eric and Neil share their insights on when and where it’s worth investing your time in the pursuit of long tail keywords. Listen to understand what long-tail keywords are, what they are compared to, and how their strategic implementation can always help you rank.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: Is it really worth going after long tail keywords?
- 00:36 – Long tail keywords are 3-5 word phrases people are searching for
- 01:06 – Head term vs long tail keywords
- 01:35 – Wikipedia’s Abraham Lincoln page as an example
- 02:35 – Brian Dean’s 1M search results
- 03:28 – Long tail phrases are worth it
- 04:08 – Don’t think about long tail content
- 04:28 – Use Ahrefs to see long tail traffic that comes to your site
- 04:43 – When your content is older, you’ll start ranking for long tail phrases
- 04:50 – Use your Google Search Console
- 06:17 – Continually update content you already have
- 06:57 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Long tail keywords are worth using.
- Long tail keywords are the way you naturally write content.
- Implement long tail keywords to rank old content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...