In episode #1971, we talk about whether selling courses for $997 to $2,000 is still a viable business model. For a time, many course marketers were doing extremely well using this model. However, with rising ad costs and other factors, it could make more sense to use some of the other models we discuss today. For example, Neil took the traffic he generated through selling courses, used it to start his agency, and ended up making far more money. Tune in to hear more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: Is It the End Of $997 and $2,000 Courses?
- [00:32] The funnel structure for an older model for selling courses for $997 – $2,000.
- [00:58] Does this model still work?
- [01:21] Neil’s experience with selling courses and how he made more money using that traffic to build an ad agency.
- [02:49] Giving courses away and making your money on the back end.
- [03:27] Why some course marketers don’t think the numbers of the older model work anymore.
- [04:58] How other course marketers are still doing well using the older model.
- [07:03] That’s it for today!
- [07:04] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to apply for our next event in Austin, Texas!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...
In episode #2180, Neil and Eric talk about why it’s better to share stories of your experiences than to give advice. Whenever you give someone advice you’re taking a risk because you have no way o...