In episode #593, Eric and Neil debate whether you need to spend money on a nice office. Tune in to hear the reasons you may need a great office space.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is it Worth it Spending Money on a Nice Office?
- [00:51] In a collaborative environment, it’s good to have everyone in the same space.
- [01:14] Eric pays about $11,000 for three sections in co-working spaces.
- [01:35] Now, they’re moving into their own dedicated space.
- [01:49] Offices are good for recruiting, it’s a great space to bring clients into, and it’s nice to have a home base.
- [02:13] If you are looking to build a culture, you need to have your own dedicated space.
- [02:27] A crappy space creates a crappy feeling.
- [02:45]However, Neil thinks it’s a waste of money to have a nice office, even though offices do serve an important purpose.
- [03:10] He would rather save money on the office and spend it on food or other community-related activities and things that build culture.
- [04:07] Nice offices are good for creative businesses and it helps create a positive perception.
- [04:40] Marketing warrants a nice office, in Eric’s opinion.
- [05:01] Neil prefers to sublet for a year at a time.
- [05:54] He thinks it’s too risky to sign up for years at a time.
- [06:20] Consider whether your industry warrants having a nice office.
- [06:29] That’s all for today!
- [06:32] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...