In episode #593, Eric and Neil debate whether you need to spend money on a nice office. Tune in to hear the reasons you may need a great office space.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is it Worth it Spending Money on a Nice Office?
- [00:51] In a collaborative environment, it’s good to have everyone in the same space.
- [01:14] Eric pays about $11,000 for three sections in co-working spaces.
- [01:35] Now, they’re moving into their own dedicated space.
- [01:49] Offices are good for recruiting, it’s a great space to bring clients into, and it’s nice to have a home base.
- [02:13] If you are looking to build a culture, you need to have your own dedicated space.
- [02:27] A crappy space creates a crappy feeling.
- [02:45]However, Neil thinks it’s a waste of money to have a nice office, even though offices do serve an important purpose.
- [03:10] He would rather save money on the office and spend it on food or other community-related activities and things that build culture.
- [04:07] Nice offices are good for creative businesses and it helps create a positive perception.
- [04:40] Marketing warrants a nice office, in Eric’s opinion.
- [05:01] Neil prefers to sublet for a year at a time.
- [05:54] He thinks it’s too risky to sign up for years at a time.
- [06:20] Consider whether your industry warrants having a nice office.
- [06:29] That’s all for today!
- [06:32] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...