In episode #938, we discuss whether it’s worth it to start a digital agency. Tune in to hear if an agency could help your cash flow.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is it Worth it to Start a Digital Agency?
- [00:38] Neil started out with Advantage Consulting Services.
- [00:53] A lot of people start agencies and then parlay it into a software company.
- [01:15] It’s a good way to get cash flow for other projects.
- [01:54] Eric feels with every new client you ad, the service gets worse.
- [02:25] Neil started an agency because he gets so many leads, that he had no choice.
- [03:00] However, an agency doesn’t scale that well.
- [03:25] Consider keeping your agency lean to insure your cash flow.
- [04:40] Expansion is hurting Neil’s profits, but it’s still working for him.
- [05:00] It’s hard to scale an agency past $5 Million.
- [05:35] It’s not easy to grow an agency in the first place.
- [05:47] They don’t generate revenue the same way.
- [06:12] Go to this Single Grain page to watch a video about growing an agency.
- [06:54] That’s it for today!
- [06:57] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...