In episode #636, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is worth spending money on blog posts. Tune in to hear where your money should be going.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is It Worth Spending $200 Per Blog Post?
- [00:33] Yes, it is worth the money!
- [00:45] The cost per blog depends on the industry.
- [00:50] It’s not about how much you pay, but rather if it is on the right topic, using the right keywords, etc.
- [01:05] You can’t be pushing or schilling in the post, it needs to educate.
- [01;20] Neil writes long-form blog posts.
- [01:40] It costs him well over $200 per blog post.
- [02:05] Start with a strong foundation and build from there (videos, webinars, facebook ads).
- [02:23] Singlegrain went from 4000 visitors per month to over 100,000 by using this strategy.
- [03:15] Every quarter, open up a tool like AHREFS, see the keywords for which you rank well and improve upon them or replicate that content.
- [04:01] Once you build a strong blog foundation, you can expand into other areas of media. However, don’t neglect your blog posts as a result.
- [04:15] You will get higher ROI by fixing up old content.
- [04:42] Clickflow is a tool to help you figure all this out.
- [04:58] If you spend money on a post, remember that it keeps generating traffic each and every month.
- [05:18] Google “Tom Tunguz and compound marketing” and you will get a great blog post about this very subject.
- [05:41] That’s it for today!
- [05:44] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...