In episode #636, Eric and Neil discuss whether it is worth spending money on blog posts. Tune in to hear where your money should be going.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: Is It Worth Spending $200 Per Blog Post?
- [00:33] Yes, it is worth the money!
- [00:45] The cost per blog depends on the industry.
- [00:50] It’s not about how much you pay, but rather if it is on the right topic, using the right keywords, etc.
- [01:05] You can’t be pushing or schilling in the post, it needs to educate.
- [01;20] Neil writes long-form blog posts.
- [01:40] It costs him well over $200 per blog post.
- [02:05] Start with a strong foundation and build from there (videos, webinars, facebook ads).
- [02:23] Singlegrain went from 4000 visitors per month to over 100,000 by using this strategy.
- [03:15] Every quarter, open up a tool like AHREFS, see the keywords for which you rank well and improve upon them or replicate that content.
- [04:01] Once you build a strong blog foundation, you can expand into other areas of media. However, don’t neglect your blog posts as a result.
- [04:15] You will get higher ROI by fixing up old content.
- [04:42] Clickflow is a tool to help you figure all this out.
- [04:58] If you spend money on a post, remember that it keeps generating traffic each and every month.
- [05:18] Google “Tom Tunguz and compound marketing” and you will get a great blog post about this very subject.
- [05:41] That’s it for today!
- [05:44] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...